Monday 30 August 2010

Open War - Test List 2

First up - defending the indefensible. The Vindicator has two main problems. Firstly, since it has a blast it can potentially kill your own troops and secondly, since it only has one gun, it's one Weapon Destroyed result away from being practically useless. Now, we can't do much about the second point apart from trying to find some decent cover. However, the first point for me is the key point as it comes back to the type of army I'm trying to put together. My army is designed, in boxing terminology, to jab and move. I have the range and the movement to take care of most enemy threats and even if I can't then I move out of the way and evade getting assaulted where I can. Since I don't plan on going anywhere near the enemy until they dead, the potential for killing my own troops is removed. Now, back to that gun - S10, AP2, Large Blast. It's a tremendous area denial weapon. I want to give my enemy the choice - risk taking on the Vindicator or risk taking on the Long Fangs. Of course, in a purely competitive environment, the Vindicator will get taken down in turn one. However, this isn't Nova and I'm not sure how truly competitive Open War will be.

So, yes, we're trying a Vindicator in the list (just in case you couldn't guess) I've also dropped out one of the Grey Hunter Razorback squads and brought in a Dreadnought. Again, not entirely optimum but in this case I agree with Andy that it will be a brilliant speed bump unit. So, without further ado, here's take 2 of my Open War list:

HQ

Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Saga of the Beastslayer, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane

Elites

Dreadnought, Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armour

Lone Wolf, Terminator Armour, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

6 Wolf Scouts, Meltagun

Troops

5 Grey Hunters, Plasma Gun, Rhino

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

5 Grey Hunters, Meltagun, Razorback, Twin-Linked Assault Cannon

Fast Attack

Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Land Speeder, Multimelta, Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

6 Long Fangs, 4 Rocket Launchers, Lascannon

Vindicator, Siege Shield

I dropped the Las/Plas Razorback as I don't think I'll be able to get my head around it in time for the tournament unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails